The Do's and dont's of Used oil
We recommend that:
- That you ensure barrels / drums are stored in a secure area - Theft of Waste Oil is on the increase in our areas.
- The maximum temperature you fill your barrel should be no more than 60°C. Hot Oil will weaken and eventually melt the barrel / drum leading to hazardous spillages.
- If you have to move your barrel leave time for oil to cool before moving doing so to avoid risk of burning.
- You use protective clothing and gloves where necessary.
- You are proactive and arrange for your collection by us in good time, usually when your barrel is approximately 3/4 full.
- You retain your “Controlled Waste Transfer Note” for at least 2 years as this is a legal requirement.
*Please follow HSE guidance when filling the barrels with oil, which states that when you carry out manual emptying and filtering of fryers the oil has been cooled to 40°C or below.